A new year is an excellent time for looking back over the past and re-dedicating yourself to the work you love. I have taken the opportunity to count my blessing for all the great clients and candidates that I have encountered in 2007 and look forward to continued as well as new relationships in 2008. I’ve reflected over my role as a physician recruiter, and in the coming year, I resolve the following:
- I resolve to always treat each physician candidate with the same consideration that I’d what top be treated.
- I resolve to stop making coffee while profiling candidates.
- I resolve to hone my knowledge of current issues and news about recruiting so that I can offer organizations and candidates the best services and opportunities.
- I resolve to get a clearer picture of each open position to ensure I know as much as possible that will fit the right candidate to the right job.
- I resolve to learn more about my own potential ailments through a sweeping generalized search of Internet medical information and pepper my personal physician with tons of “what about this one’s.”
- I resolve to use my knowledge of employment and staffing to become a more active voice and helpful resource in the ongoing employment challenges with retention and job satisfaction.
- I resolve to continue training my own recruiters, as well as encourage other recruiters, to uphold the highest ethics and principles of our profession.
- I resolve to medically treat myself through the Internet advice I receive on rapid heartbeat, a feeling of elation, sweating palms, and the desire to shout “YEHAA!” (Yes, I am a Texan) whenever I’ve facilitated a perfect match between an employer and a physician.
- I resolve to “go the extra mile” by expanding my business services in travel arrangements, so that physicians can look to me for a complete solution to cross-country relocations or locum travel arrangements.
- I resolve to take myself less seriously and take my job placement mission even more seriously.
About Eskridge & Associates. Eskridge & Associates is a service disabled, veteran owned, small business (SDVOSB), recruiting Physicians of all specialties for locum tenens and permanent employment opportunities in hospitals and practices nationwide.
Bob Eskridge, CPC, CTS, PRC, CSP, CERS
Board Certified Physician Recruiter
Eskridge & Associates
Member – National Coalition of Healthcare Recruiters
Member – National Association of Personnel Services
“A Service Disabled, Veteran-owned, Small Business”
“Top Ten Most Dependable Search Firm in Texas – Texas Monthly, Jan 08”